Saturday, November 3, 2012

Jenny Saville

I also decided to research Jenny Saville because i think that her work mirrors the 'blurred' style i was aiming for in my work. I like her work because of the thick brush strokes that make up the images rather than a proper blended painting. I think that it looks better with the dark images she was working with and the way you cant quite tell if the people in the images are bruised and injured or if it is just the work which leaves it largely open to interpretation. I created the image to the right to try and recreate the style of Jenny Saville's. I like this piece very much because i think i have got the technique right to copy the style of Saville's. The only problem i have with this piece is that my brush strokes are a kot smaller and closer together than saville's but i think i prefer the effect created by mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment