Saturday, November 3, 2012

Chuck Hodi

I decided to research a less well known artist called Chuck Hodi for my work because all of his work is done with pastel and ink which i find easy to work with and also because i find his style could be used in my work effectively. I think that as his style makes the characters in his work look distorted and ugly it would be good to use in my work as a personification of societies views. I tried to recreate some of his work from the image below however i Dont think that this was very effective as i think that i would need to practice using that style of drawing a lot more to make it look right. I think that the pastel lines i used were too thick to be compared to Hodi's and that maybe pencil crayons would be more effective to recreate his work on a smaller scale. I also think that the copy i produced looks too messy and everything was done in the wrong order. I used the ink first and layered the pastel on top which i should have done the other way around and for the ink i used the blunt end of a paintbrush when it probably would have been better with a fineliner pen.



No comments:

Post a Comment