Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Puppet

 
I created this piece partly from inspiration from a previous piece in my book where the focus was a puppet, but mostly because at the time I was planning a photo-shoot. I used this image to portray what I was trying to achieve within the photo-shoot as I was finding it difficult to describe it to others as it was completely from the imagination. the idea of the piece is that the restraints are causing the girl to crack and shatter; it is like a metaphor for how the strains of society cause us to break and crack. I think that this is an important theme to have within my work as societies develop sociological norms towards behaviours/acts such as body modification, although the imagery does not contain any links to body modification, there is a deep underlying message of the prejudice many people face from being modified as a result of the society they live in being non-acceptant of appearances.  I think one of my strongest skills within art is pencil drawing and so I decided to use pencils for the creation of this piece because there is a strong need for fine detail in some areas which would be unachievable with other equipment. I think that pencil drawing is my biggest strength and I would like to eventually create a drawn final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment